ERA Industries, Inc.
ERA Industries is a contract manufacturer specializing in precision machining and assemblies for the Aerospace, Military, Medical, Semiconductor, and Transportation industries. We specialize in precision machined components utilizing up to 5 Axis milling, turning including mill/turn capabilities, EDM, Aluminum Vacuum Brazing, Grinding (Surface, OD/ID and thread), Waterjet, and assemblies. Our number one goal is to meet the customers’ needs delivering a quality product on time.
- ERA Industries was founded in 1982
- 2009: Acquired A & M Tool expanding the machining capacity and capabilities primarily for commercial machining in milling and turning (facility size of 26,000 sq. ft)
- 2012: Moved from a 35,000 sq./ft facility in Franklin Park, IL to our current facility in Elk Grove Village, IL of 85,000 sq./ft
- 2014: Acquired a partnership with Aphelion Precision Technologies bringing 5 Axis Milling, Turning, Aluminum Vacuum Brazing and EDM capabilities with direct experience in Aerospace and Military manufacturing. Added 42,000 sq./ft facility to the group
- 2016: Elk Grove Facility expanded current facility to 92,000 sq. ft
- 2016: Aphelion moved into the Elk Grove Facility to expand the capacity and, capabilities directed at Aerospace and Medical contract manufacturing of machined components and assemblies. Currently Aphelion Precision and ERA Industries operates as one entity in regards to capacity and resources to best serve our diverse customer base
- 2016-2017: Concentrated direction to move milling into multi-axis machines with Horizontals and 5 Axis capabilities, multiple pallets, and the ability to do lights-out machining 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Since the change in philosophy, we have been adding capital to support this focus at an accelerated rate
- 2018: and near future: Continued effort to expand capabilities and strengthen our team of dedicated individuals to best serve our customers